Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2009 is fading fast...

2009 has been quite a year for us. After many trial and tribulations, we were finally able to sell our house in Alberta, and purchase a house on Vancouver Island. The kids have settled in, and we are at home.

Of course, like any home, it requires a certain number of modifications to make it more suitable. More and more as time goes on, it seems. Doors, walls, toilets, showers, floors (ah yes, the floors. All of them. Everywhere...). In the spring, it will be gardens and fencing. Fruit trees and rock gardens. I'm looking forward to it. All this sort of work is not really what I would call fun. However, it is definitely satisfying. At the end of the day, you've actually accomplished something, something you can point at and say "I did that."

That's a pretty cool feeling. My job doesn't produce tangibles, things I can hold. It's great that my life can.

But at 2009 draws to a close, I can say that it has been a good year. Were there problems? Of course. My "luck" would hardly allow anything else. The good outweighed the bad, and I think that is good enough.

No comments: