Monday, June 30, 2008

2320AD is done.

And by done, I mean that I am done with it. There have been far too many fits, false-starts, and disappointments with this projects. I bear the publisher no ill-will, but I just can't be part of it anymore.
2320AD is owned by QLI, Inc, and so I have no power to get the manuscript back and get it done properly. For better or for worse, (better, I suppose) I was actually paid. There might be some cause due to non-fulfillment of contract, but it isn't really worth the effort.
I've got a personal project or two, plus some side work, but I think that, unless something fantastic comes along, I'm largely finished with RPG writing.

4 comments:

ScottMcG said...

I'm sorry to hear that it's come to this. For the artists who didn't get paid, it's frustrating, but for someone who got paid and then had their very good work on a product/labor of love to be left to die on the vine has got to be off-the-chart in the teeth-grinding department.

I suppose we can hope for a reversion/reassignment of license for 2300AD, but right now hope is limping pretty badly.

Good luck.

Mark A. Siefert said...

Colin, all I can say is that you've done the right thing. If Hunter won't give you and other individuals who poured their efforts into 2320AD the time and respect you deserve, then he deserves nothing in return.

I would ask that you don't give up the ship and try, try again with another publisher that will at least maintain proper communications with their authors rather than disappear for months on end.

Paul O'G said...

Well I must say that after (re)discovering the 2300 setting recently, and my elation hearing of (and d/l-ing) 2320AD 2 days ago, this is a bit of a gut kicking. I can imagine the frustration levels and pain this has caused and hope that a future resolution appears.

In the meantime, please allow me to congratulate you on 2320AD - its a fantastic product. I can only lament what may have been...

Vile said...

Hi, Colin - so, is there any further news on the Mongoose 2300ishAD front?